We don't train your dog. We train You to train your dog!
The Hutchinson Kennel Club was formed in 1954. We have been helping people train their dogs ever since.
We are a non-profit organization run entirely by volunteers. We know what a pleasure a well-trained dog can be, and we are committed to help you train your dog be it a purebred or a mixed breed. Classes start at 8 weeks old for puppies and we offer adult classes for those that are older.
Please check the prerequisites for each class. Your dog must be in good health and be current on all required vaccinations. Overly aggressive dogs, needing individual instruction, may not participate in a class.
You will be the trainer of your dog. Trainers must be at least 12 years old and physically capable of controlling the dog. Junior handlers must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Family members are welcome to attend, but children must be supervised at all times.
Please note that our classes are pre-registration only we do not take night of registration due to needing vaccination confirmation prior to acceptance into the class.
HOW TO ENROLLSee our vaccination requirements by clicking on the link below to check if your dog is in compliance. You will need to send us a copy of your dog's vaccination records.
Check the links below for the regular Class Schedule, Agility Class Schedule or the Scent Work Class Schedule for starting dates and fees for classes.
Reserve your place in a class by using the mail in forms (PDF's) below or by using our
Make sure you fill out and send in the enrollment form for your class type and the pre-training form for each new dog.
If you have questions please email
Vaccination RequirementsAll dogs participating in classes or events on the premises of the Hutchinson Kennel Club are required to have current vaccinations.
- Vaccination Requirements Are:
- Rabies: For all dogs 16 weeks and older, with repeat vaccinations every 1-3 years, as recommended by the individual's veterinarian.
- DHPP: (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parvovirus, and Parainfluenza). Puppies must have their first in series vaccinations before starting class, & must complete the puppy series of vaccinations as recommended by the individual's veterinarian. These Core vaccinations are required one year after puppy shots, & every 3 years thereafter, or as recommended by the individual's veterinarian. Recommended Vaccination
- Kennel Cough (Bordetella): Vaccinations at least once a year for all dogs 16 weeks and older. HKC encourages vaccinations for younger puppies, prior to starting Puppy Kindergarten, as recommended by the individual's veterinarian.
NO dog will be allowed to participate unless veterinarian vaccination records are provided, showing that minimum HKC requirements are met, except:
- a. Individuals who perform their own vaccinations may provide dates & types of vaccinations, together
with receipts and labels.
b. If a dog is unable to receive a vaccination for reasons such as allergies, the individual may present a letter from his or her veterinarian annually, confirming that the dog has been examined, has an allergic reaction to the vaccine, is healthy, & may participate in club activities without health risk to the dog or other participants.
The Hutchinson Kennel Club recommends that each owner consult with his or her own veterinarian for advice on appropriate vaccination protocol.